Reed to Speak at All Party Boxing Group
Posted: Tue, 13 Nov 2018 09:32
The next meeting will take place on Tuesday 13th November between 11.30am - 12.30pm.
Following Professor Rosie Meek's Independent Review of Sport in Youth and Adult Prisons (published on 11th August 2018), the meeting will focus on (1) boxing and prisons, crime reduction, rehabilitation and supporting wider social policy objectives across Government and (2) evidence about the positive effects that boxing can have as an intervention for young people at risk of crime, violence and social exclusion.
We are delighted to have the following speakers join us for this event:
- Dr Philip Lee MP, former Youth Justice, Victims, Female Offenders & Offender Health Minister
- Barry Hearn, Chairman, Matchroom Sport
- Rupert Reid, Director of Research and Strategy at Policy Exchange
- Andy Reed OBE, Co-Founder and Director at Sports Think Tank
- James Baderman, Chief Operating Officer at Fight for Peace
- Matt Harris, Midlands Area Representative Steward of the British Board of Boxing Control
If you would like to attend on 13th November, please RSVP to email@example.com or call 07557 547 490 for more information.